Dr. Rod of Dermacare Plastic Surgery in Phoenix sees hundreds of patients every year who are interested in achieving a slimmer, more contoured figure with the help of liposuction. He is always happy to help his patients achieve their aesthetic goals, as he understands how many people are unable to lose those last few inches – no matter what they try.
Many of the potential patients Dr. Rod sees ask him how much fat he will be able to remove with liposuction. This is a great question, and the answer often surprises many patients. That’s because liposuction is not considered a weight loss procedure, though it will reduce your weight slightly. For patients to be considered as ideal liposuction patients, Dr. Rod is careful to point out that each liposuction session will remove no more than 4 to 5 pounds of fat and is meant to provide patients with a slimmer, more contoured figure. If you have stubborn pockets of fat on your thighs, abdomen, buttocks, arms, neck, or waist, liposuction is the procedure for you! Keep reading as we explain liposuction in further detail.
Tickle Lipo at Dermacare Plastic Surgery
Dr. Rod is vastly skilled in almost every form of liposuction technology available; however, he now exclusively uses Tickle Lipo because of the advantages it provides to his Phoenix patients.
Almost every liposuction technique uses a surgical cannula to remove unwanted fat. A cannula is a long medical wand that suctions away fat from the areas you and Dr. Rod have decided to treat. Tickle Lipo is different because it creates acoustic waves at the tip of a specialized cannula. These waves work to “tease” fat cells away from the connective tissue between the skin and the muscle. Connective tissue is what gives your features a tight and firm appearance. By protecting the connective tissue, Tickle Lipo can help your skin shrink to your new shape after the fat has been permanently eliminated from your body.
Additional benefits of Tickle Lipo are:
- A quicker recovery time. This liposuction technique doesn’t cause as much trauma to the treated areas as traditional liposuction; therefore, healing and recovery are much smoother and go much faster.
- A more gentle approach. This form of liposuction creates acoustic waves, which release fat cells more gently than traditional liposuction. As a result, patients experience less discomfort following their procedure.
What You Can Expect During Your Liposuction Treatment
When Phoenix patients choose Dr. Rod for liposuction, they can expect to start their process with an initial consultation. During this appointment, Dr. Rod will carefully examine your problem areas and listen as you explain your aesthetic goals. He will then develop a personalized treatment plan to achieve your desired look.
Most procedures are completed within two or two and a half hours, as he is careful to allow sufficient time for each patient in order to provide them with the best results possible.
As part of your liposuction treatment:
- You will receive local anesthesia and an oral sedative to make you comfortable during the procedure.
- Dr. Rod will introduce anesthesia directly into the treatment sites. Patients usually feel a small amount of pressure but then are completely numb.
- You will be wide awake and able to move and speak. Phoenix patients usually describe their experience as relaxed.
Choose Dr. Rod for Your Liposuction Treatment
Because Dr. Rod puts your health and safety first, you can know that you’re in good hands when you choose Dermacare Plastic Surgery. Having performed more than 2,000 liposuction procedures in his years of practice, he knows just how to contour the body in a way that is aesthetically pleasing.
If you’re ready to get rid of those last few inches that haven’t budged in years, call his office at (623) 535-7050 today to book your initial liposuction consultation.