EXFOLIATE THE FACE WITH DERMAPLANING IN PHOENIX
Dermaplaning is a simple and safe procedure for exfoliating the epidermis and ridding the skin of fine vellus hair (peach fuzz). Now you can have visibly smoother and brighter skin with Dermaplaning at AZ Dermacare Cosmetic Surgery
Dermaplaning is an excellent treatment for freshening and vitalizing our skin, and may also be used to enhance the absorption of a number of plant/chemical peels.
Dermaplaning is a safe, effective, and painless way to exfoliate the face for brighter, healthier skin, which is smoother in look and feel. Requiring no down time, this procedure smooths out fine wrinkles and removes “peach fuzz” by gently scraping along the skin’s surface. Ask the certified, licensed professionals at Dermacare Cosmetic Surgery if Dermaplaning is right for you.
- What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a safe and effective procedure to exfoliate the skin and smooth out fine wrinkles, deep acne scars, or other scarring caused by a previous surgery or accident.
A sterile scalpel blade is lightly scraped across the skin’s surface in a superficial manner to soften sharp edges and irregularities. Not only does this process remove the top layer of dead skin, but it also removes the fine, vellus hair or “peach fuzz.” While this is a facial procedure, it is not meant to shape eyebrows or remove nose hairs, as they are made up of terminal, not vellus, hairs.
- Dermaplaning Benefits:
There are several benefits to blading that may make it the ideal method of skin exfoliation for you:
- No chemicals are involved, which means less irritation for your newly sensitive skin.
- A session will generally last no more than 30 minutes and won’t leave you with a red, swollen complexion afterwards. In fact, results can be noticed immediately.
- The blade being used is small, dermaplaning can target specific problem areas more easily and skillfully than other procedures that use larger instruments and focus on the face as a whole.
Other benefits include:
- Promotes the growth of new skins cells by removing the old ones
- Exfoliation triggers cell regeneration, allowing products to better penetrate the skin
- Rids the face of excess fine hairs which often times trap oil and dirt
- Exfoliation results in brighter, healthier skin that has a smoother look and feel
- Who is a good candidate for Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is not recommended for Phoenix patients with thick, dark facial hair or those with active or very oily acne. Individuals with certain skin coloring or skin type may not be good candidates for this procedure as it may cause permanently blotchy or discolored skin, or they may experience flare-ups if they are susceptible to allergic rashes, fever blisters, or cold sores.
You may be a GOOD candidate for Dermaplaning if you meet any of the following:
- Individuals of all age groups
- Individuals with dry or rough skin texture
- Individuals with superficial acne scarring or uneven skin tone
- How does Dermaplaning work?
The Dermaplane Aesthetician carefully exfoliates the top layer of the skin with a specialized surgical blade. The process removes dead skin cells, peach fuzz, and stimulates new skin development.
This procedure takes place in the medical center and time allotted is typically 30 minutes. There is no “down time” involved and you may return to your office or your busy schedule afterwards. Phoenix patients who routinely receive Dermaplane treatments comment on the smoothness of their complexion and its “baby skin like quality” and see an immediate improvement to the radiance of their skin tone.
- Will hair grow back thicker?
No. It is physiologically impossible for hair to grow back thicker. We have two different types of hair on our bodies Vellus hair and Terminal hair. Vellus hair is most often located on our face and appears to be almost translucent or blonde. Where Terminal hair is much thicker and grows mainly on our under arms, pubic area, and eyebrows.
To schedule a dermaplaning consultation with Dr. Rod, contact our office in the Phoenix area at (623) 535-7050 and find out if this procedure is right for you.