Phoenix area Dermacare Cosmetic Surgery will Raise and Firm the Breasts, Giving You a Shapelier & Youthful Appearance
Gravity, pregnancy, weight fluctuations, and the aging process can all take a toll on the appearance of your breasts over time and cause them to sag. Fortunately, you are not alone. Many women face in Phoenix these same challenges with their breasts, which is why they visit Dr. Rod at Dermacare Cosmetic Surgery for Breast Lift surgery. Dr. Rod will help restore a perkier and more youthful breast appearance, giving you your confidence back.
As women age, their breasts change significantly in their appearance and firmness. These are inevitable occurrences that are never welcomed. However, these changes are not always due to the aging process but are also affected by a woman’s level of fitness, pregnancies, breastfeeding, weight loss and size fluctuations, gravity, lack of regular effective breast support, hormonal factors, health, and genetics. Just one of these factors alone can take a toll on your breasts, but most of us experience more than just one, which wreaks aesthetic havoc. Your once-perky breasts begin to droop and look deflated, leaving you embarrassed and without confidence.
A breast lift also called a mastopexy can address the problem of sagging breasts by reshaping the breast tissue, tightening the skin, reducing the size of the nipple-areola complexes, and elevating them to a more natural position. A breast lift from Dermacare Cosmetic Surgery will leave you with the ultimate results of alluring breasts that are firm, perky, and rejuvenated with a more aesthetically pleasing shape.
The breasts are like the rest of your body; They can begin to sag as you age.
The breast tissue begins to stretch and becomes weaker with time. All of this is a normal process after experiencing things like childbirth, weight gain or weight loss. Even genetics take a toll on your breasts.
Breast lift surgery does not significantly change the size of your breasts or round out the upper part of your breasts. If you are looking to obtain fuller breasts, consider Breast Augmentation surgery. If you are looking to have smaller breasts, consider combining a breast lift with breast reduction surgery.
Certain unique factors such as the extent of drooping or sagging, amount of excess skin, skin elasticity, current and desired breast size, nipple position, and physician preference will influence the type of mastopexy that can be performed.
Options for Approach
The most common approaches to Breast Lift surgery are:
- Crescent or Mini Lift: A Crescent Breast Lift, also known as a Mini Lift, entails the removal of a crescent of tissue using an incision placed along the top half of the areola and extending upwards. This approach is used only when the amount of skin laxity is minimal.
- Periareolar Mastopexy: Periareolar Mastopexy, also called a Circumareolar, Purse String, Donut or Benelli Mastopexy, entails skin tightening, contouring, and elevation of the nipple-areola complex. This is accomplished through an incision that encircles the entire areola. A “donut” of skin is removed from around the areola, which converts a larger areola to a smaller areola. This is used with minor sagging of the breasts. Phoenix patients often request this type of Breast Lift approach because of the limitations on the incisions, which translates into fewer scars. However, this is not always recommended because it sometimes leaves the breasts looking abnormal and with a significantly flattened contour. This is often aesthetically unacceptable.
- “Lollipop” Mastopexy: A “Lollipop” Mastopexy is a Breast Lift approach where the incision encircles the areola, then extends down to the crease at the lower part of the breast, creating the shape of a lollipop.
- Inverted-T or Anchor Shaped Mastopexy: An Inverted-T, or Anchor Shaped Mastopexy, is the most common technique used for a mastopexy and involves not only the circumareolar and vertical incisions extending to the lower breast crease, but also adds a variable length incision extending along the crease. The result of this approach is then an anchor or inverted “T” scar. This approach allows for greater accuracy and flexibility in contouring and positioning of the breast, which translates into a more natural looking breast.
Our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Rod, will discuss all of your options in detail.
From Surgery to Recovery
Breast Lift plastic surgery is performed under general anesthesia. The surgical time that is required for the procedure is dependent on the technique that is used for the Breast Lift. The procedure is commonly combined with a Tummy Tuck as part of our “Mommy Makeover” special, which is used to improve areas affected by pregnancy.
You will notice the results of your Breast Lift surgery immediately. Post-surgical swelling will resolve and incision lines will fade over time. As you continue to recover from your Breast Lift surgery, you will increasingly become more satisfied with your results.
The final results of your Breast Lift will appear over the next few months as the breast shape and position continue to settle.
Your incision lines are permanent, but will continue to fade over time. They’ll also be completely hidden by your bra or bathing suit. It is extremely important that the surgical incisions are not subjected to an excessive force, swelling, abrasion, or motion during the healing process. To help fade incision lines, follow Dr. Rod’s post-operative care instructions.
You can view Breast Lift surgery results, as well as see the incision scarring results in our before and after gallery.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do I Know if A Breast Lift Is Right for Me?
It’s natural and expected that breasts will begin to sag as a woman ages and experiences other milestones such as pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight loss or weight gain. If you’re starting to see noticeable signs of breast sagging, it’s likely that you’re surgically ready for a breast lift. Keep in mind, though, that only a consultation with Dr. Rod can determine the medical degree of your breast sagging and which surgical technique is right for you. That’s why he stresses the importance of scheduling a consultation appointment.
- What Can I Expect During My Initial Consultation with Dr. Rod?
It’s understandable that many Phoenix women are initially nervous about what a plastic surgery consultation will include, especially when that appointment is scheduled to talk about something as intimate as her breasts. As a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience, Dr. Rod is well trained in helping his Phoenix patients feel comfortable both talking about their problem areas and undergoing a breast examination.
During your first appointment with Dr. Rod, you’ll have the opportunity to interview him to determine if he is the right plastic surgeon for you. You’ll also have the opportunity to see before, and after photos, so you can get an idea of the types of results Dr. Rod has delivered to former Phoenix patients. He’ll also spend time explaining the procedure to you and listening to your concerns about the appearance of your breasts. Finally, he’ll perform a breast examination so that he can give you his best medical opinion on which surgical techniques will provide you with the best possible lift.
- Am I a Qualified Candidate for Plastic Surgery?
Having breasts that sag and desiring perkier ones doesn’t automatically qualify you for plastic surgery. Dr. Rod cares deeply about your overall health and well being, which is why he carefully screens his Phoenix patients to make sure they are in good overall physical and mental health. This includes taking a complete medical history, confirming you are a non-smoker as smoking can unnecessarily complicate surgery and your recovery time, and making sure you have realistic expectations for your procedure.
- What Will Happen if I Select Dr. Rod as My Plastic Surgeon?
If you and Dr. Rod mutually agree that it’s best to move forward with a plastic surgery procedure to lift your breasts, a number of things will take place. First, you’ll be placed on Dr. Rod’s surgical schedule. You’ll also be required to pass a preoperative appointment with your general practitioner to confirm your current, stable medical health. Dr. Rod’s team will also schedule your postoperative follow-ups, which are important for you to keep so he can monitor your recovery process.
- What Will My Surgery Day Be Like?
When the big day finally arrives, you’ll come to the surgical center having fasted at least 12 hours. Fasting is important because you’ll be receiving general anesthesia for your surgery, and it’s safer to go under this strong medication on an empty stomach.
Initially, you’ll be called back to a surgical prep room where a team of medical professionals will prepare you for your surgery, including having you change into your surgical gown and monitoring your vital signs. When the time has come, you’ll walk back to the operating room where Dr. Rod will greet you. In the OR, you’ll be placed under general anesthesia so that Dr. Rod can begin the procedure.
The exact length of your procedure will depend on your degree of breast sagging and the specific surgical techniques Dr. Rod will employ. After your initial consultation, you should have a better idea of how long Dr. Rod expects your surgery to last.
Once the procedure is complete, you’ll be transferred to a recovery room where you will awaken from general anesthesia and be cared for by a team of postoperative medical professionals. Once they’ve determined it’s safe for you to go home, you’ll be released into the care of a friend or family member who will need to drive you back to your home for further rest and recovery.
To find out if a Breast Lift is the right plastic surgery procedure for you, contact the professionals at Dermacare in Phoenix at (623) 535-7050 today. Dermacare’s board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Rod, will help you make the right decision for your body.