- Your Options With a Mommy Makeover
- Dr. Rod’s Approach to Mommy Makeover
- Common Questions Patients Have About Mommy Makeover
What is a Mommy Makeover?
You’re incredible. Creating a family, helping your children grow, and being a mom is all the evidence you’d ever need of that fact. You should feel great about all that you’ve done and all that you’ve sacrificed. You should feel great about yourself.
That’s why Dermacare Plastic Surgery supports women in Phoenix who are ready for rejuvenation with the “mommy makeover.” This collection of procedures for the breasts and body focuses on the areas most affected by having children, restoring the firmness, fullness, and youthfulness of each woman’s appearance.
Dr. Reza Rod tailors each of his mommy makeover procedures to the individual, designing the experience around her goals and needs. A board-certified plastic surgeon with over a decade in practice, Dr. Rod brings expert surgical skills and an artist’s eye for aesthetics to treatment. He invites you to learn more about the mommy makeover and to schedule an initial consultation with the practice.
Your Options With a Mommy Makeover
Most of Dr. Rod’s Phoenix patients choose to have procedures that address changes to the breasts and abdomen after pregnancy, including:
- Breasts that have lost fullness in the upper poles.
- Breasts that are sagging, have asymmetry, or have a less rounded shape.
- A protruding belly due to weakened abdominal muscles.
- Excess skin, tissue, and stretchmarks around the midsection.
During your initial visit with Dr. Rod, you and he will collaborate together to plan your treatment. A description of some of the most common mommy makeover procedures follows.
Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
Patients tend to think of youthful breasts as having a “perky” height and a rounded contour. However, the position and shape of the breasts may change following pregnancy and breastfeeding. Many of the Phoenix women who come to our practice for a mommy makeover want to revise a sagging or stretched appearance.
Dr. Rod performs breast lift surgery to give Phoenix patients back the rounded shape they had before. The surgery also raises the breasts to a more youthful position and re-centers the nipple for an aesthetically appealing appearance.
After having children, your breasts may have lost some of their youthful fullness. This typically happens along the upper part of the breast, which can reduce the cleavage or give the breasts a deflated appearance.
Breast augmentation is one of the most common plastic surgeries in the United States and a procedure that Dr. Rod has performed hundreds of times. He offers mommy makeover patients noticeable and natural-looking fullness and enhancement that compliments their figure.
In some cases, women benefit from both breast lift and breast augmentation procedures. The augmentation surgery restores fullness while the lift gives a more rounded shape and perkier aesthetic.
Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
As a woman’s abdomen expands during pregnancy to accommodate her growing child, her muscles may stretch, and her body may develop excess skin. Many of our Phoenix patients find it incredibly frustrating when, regardless of post-baby diet and exercise, they can’t get back the flat, firm, and smooth belly they had before.
By choosing to have a mommy makeover that includes a tummy tuck, you can eliminate this excess skin. The procedure can also bring in a protruding belly by tightening the abdominal muscles. Dr. Rod can typically perform a tummy tuck and breast-related procedures in a single surgical session, reducing the overall recovery time.
In addition to breast augmentation / lift and tummy tuck surgery, you may also want to re-contour certain trouble-spots around your body, like your waist or hips. Dr. Rod can provide liposuction to get rid of pockets of fat and to give you a tighter, fitter appearance.
In general, Dr. Rod performs liposuction during the second stage of a mommy makeover, after breast procedures and tummy tuck are complete. This allows him to shape a patient’s features more naturally and beautifully. He utilizes an advanced form of liposuction called TickleLipo, which lets him conduct the procedure safely at Dermacare Plastic Surgery using local anesthesia.
Dr. Rod’s Approach to Mommy Makeover
A safe and comfortable experience is as important to Dr. Rod as beautiful and natural-looking results. For this reason:
- Dr. Rod offers mommy makeover surgeries like breast lift, augmentation, and tummy tuck at one of several Phoenix-area hospitals. Patients have the full support of trained nursing staff and on-site care. They can come to Dermacare Plastic Surgery for all of their consult appointments, pre-operative visits, and follow-ups.
- He conducts breast and tummy tuck procedures with Phoenix patients under general anesthesia. This allows him to work safely and meticulously while keeping those in his care relaxed and comfortable during surgery.
- Dr. Rod designs surgical plans around each person’s goals and needs. You may want to have all of your procedures at once, or you may decide to space out your treatment.
- You will always be the decision-maker in your care. As an experienced and supportive guide, Dr. Rod will help you understand your options, recommend treatment based on his years in practice, and then plan your care based on your preferences.
Common Questions Patients Have About Mommy Makeover
Am I a good candidate for treatment?
If you want to rejuvenate your features following pregnancy and childbirth, you may be a good candidate for a mommy makeover. Dr. Rod advises Phoenix patients who are considering treatment that they should be done with having kids before deciding on surgery since pregnancy is likely to affect the results of a breast lift, augmentation, or tummy tuck.
Will I need a breast lift or a breast augmentation?
- If you have enough volume in your breasts but your breasts are sagging, or your nipples are not at the level of the breast crease, then you may want to consider a lift.
- If you are happy with the overall shape and position of your breasts, but they lack fullness or aren’t the size that you want them to be, a breast augmentation may be the better approach.
What can I expect in my recovery from a mommy makeover?
Explore the individual procedures on our practice site to learn about the recovery from breast lift, breast augmentation, tummy tuck, and other surgeries.
In general, you can expect to return to Dermacare Plastic Surgery multiple times over the weeks and months following your procedures so that Dr. Rod can ensure you are recovering as expected. During these visits, he can advise you about when you can get back to normal activities, including work and exercise. As with other parts of your experience, your recovery plan will be based on your individual needs and goals.
Look and feel the way you want with a mommy makeover. Contact Dermacare Plastic Surgery for an appointment online, or call our Phoenix office at (623) 535-7050.