What is a Mommy Makeover?
You’re incredible. Creating a family, helping your children grow, and being a mom is all the evidence you’d ever need of that fact. You should feel great about all that you’ve done and all that you’ve sacrificed. You should feel great about yourself.
That’s why Dermacare Plastic Surgery supports women in Phoenix who are ready for rejuvenation with the “mommy makeover.” This collection of procedures for the breasts and body focuses on the areas most affected by having children, restoring the firmness, fullness, and youthfulness of each woman’s appearance.
Dr. Reza Rod tailors each of his mommy makeover procedures to the individual, designing the experience around her goals and needs. A board-certified plastic surgeon with over a decade in practice, Dr. Rod brings expert surgical skills and an artist’s eye for aesthetics to treatment. He invites you to learn more about the mommy makeover and to schedule an initial consultation with the practice.
Your Options With a Mommy Makeover
Most of Dr. Rod’s Phoenix patients choose to have procedures that address changes to the breasts and abdomen after pregnancy, including:
- Breasts that have lost fullness in the upper poles.
- Breasts that are sagging, have asymmetry, or have a less rounded shape.
- A protruding belly due to weakened abdominal muscles.
- Excess skin, tissue, and stretchmarks around the midsection.
During your initial visit with Dr. Rod, you and he will collaborate together to plan your treatment. A description of some of the most common mommy makeover procedures follows.
Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
Patients tend to think of youthful breasts as having a “perky” height and a rounded contour. However, the position and shape of the breasts may change following pregnancy and breastfeeding. Many of the Phoenix women who come to our practice for a mommy makeover want to revise a sagging or stretched appearance.
Dr. Rod performs breast lift surgery to give Phoenix patients back the rounded shape they had before. The surgery also raises the breasts to a more youthful position and re-centers the nipple for an aesthetically appealing appearance.
After having children, your breasts may have lost some of their youthful fullness. This typically happens along the upper part of the breast, which can reduce the cleavage or give the breasts a deflated appearance.
Breast augmentation is one of the most common plastic surgeries in the United States and a procedure that Dr. Rod has performed hundreds of times. He offers mommy makeover patients noticeable and natural-looking fullness and enhancement that compliments their figure.
In some cases, women benefit from both breast lift and breast augmentation procedures. The augmentation surgery restores fullness while the lift gives a more rounded shape and perkier aesthetic.
Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
As a woman’s abdomen expands during pregnancy to accommodate her growing child, her muscles may stretch, and her body may develop excess skin. Many of our Phoenix patients find it incredibly frustrating when, regardless of post-baby diet and exercise, they can’t get back the flat, firm, and smooth belly they had before.
By choosing to have a mommy makeover that includes a tummy tuck, you can eliminate this excess skin. The procedure can also bring in a protruding belly by tightening the abdominal muscles. Dr. Rod can typically perform a tummy tuck and breast-related procedures in a single surgical session, reducing the overall recovery time.
In addition to breast augmentation / lift and tummy tuck surgery, you may also want to re-contour certain trouble-spots around your body, like your waist or hips. Dr. Rod can provide liposuction to get rid of pockets of fat and to give you a tighter, fitter appearance.
In general, Dr. Rod performs liposuction during the second stage of a mommy makeover, after breast procedures and tummy tuck are complete. This allows him to shape a patient’s features more naturally and beautifully. He utilizes an advanced form of liposuction called TickleLipo, which lets him conduct the procedure safely at Dermacare Plastic Surgery using local anesthesia.
Dr. Rod’s Approach to Mommy Makeover
A safe and comfortable experience is as important to Dr. Rod as beautiful and natural-looking results. For this reason:
- Dr. Rod offers mommy makeover surgeries like breast lift, augmentation, and tummy tuck at one of several Phoenix-area hospitals. Patients have the full support of trained nursing staff and on-site care. They can come to Dermacare Plastic Surgery for all of their consult appointments, pre-operative visits, and follow-ups.
- He conducts breast and tummy tuck procedures with Phoenix patients under general anesthesia. This allows him to work safely and meticulously while keeping those in his care relaxed and comfortable during surgery.
- Dr. Rod designs surgical plans around each person’s goals and needs. You may want to have all of your procedures at once, or you may decide to space out your treatment.
- You will always be the decision-maker in your care. As an experienced and supportive guide, Dr. Rod will help you understand your options, recommend treatment based on his years in practice, and then plan your care based on your preferences.